An opportunity for young creatives to participate in an international public space performance workshop – A Beloved Enemy – awaits you, courtesy of Studio Teatar and LOOP. The workshop is organized in partnership with global partners in the frame of The Ways of the Heroes project, supported by Creative Europe. Drawing inspiration from Ibsen’s “An Enemy of the People”, this workshop is set to tackle social and environmental issues that are relevant today as they were 140 years ago and is taking place in Zenica (Bosnia and Herzegovina), a city faced with numerous environmental challenges today.
Participants will explore the use of public space as a habitat of art, and as an environment for artistic articulation of the public discourse through methods that place language of theatre, body movement and artists themselves at the heart of the urban fabric of the city. Topics such as democracy, public life and art will be fundamental in the research of the workshop.
The workshop will be conducted by a team of international artists. Twenty selected participants from different countries and artistic disciplines will artistically explore multiple locations of Zenica for 8 days. The final outcome of the workshop will be a series of public space performances taking place on the opening night of Summer Nights Festival of Studio Teatar. The participants will be given the opportunity for research, networking, exchange, co-creation and international coverage of the final performances.
Transport, accommodation costs and daily meals will be provided by the organizers.
- Call publication: February 20, 2021
- Submission deadline: April 20, 2021
- Selection announcement: May 10, 2021
- Workshop: July 6 to July 13, 2021
- Summer Nights Festival of Studio Teatar – Opening Night: July 13, 2021
SPECIFIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The applicants must be older than 18 on the date of the submission deadline
- The applicants can be both students or professionals
- The applicants must be creative in the artistic fields of performing arts
- There is no restriction in terms of work experience or nationality
- The applicants must have a good command of the English language
HOW TO APPLY
- A short CV in English
- A video in English answering the question Why do you want to be part of “A Beloved Enemy” workshop(Maximum duration 2 minutes)
- Upload everything via the application button
(You can find it also if you scan the QR code, or visit our web pages listed below.)