Applications are now open for the DICE Digital R&D Fund. This Fund will offer 20 grants to support the development and delivery of 20 co-designed ‘digital experiences’ that contribute to the DICE programme’s mission and ethos.
The Fund will also support the creation of a community of practice across the 20 partnerships to share learning from the digital experiences.
The value of each of these grants will range between £7,000 – £15,000.
The 20 grants will be awarded to 20 pairs of organisations, known hereafter as ‘DICE Digital Partners’, which will co-design and co-deliver a digital experience.
About the digital experiences
The digital experiences should:
• be delivered between February and May 2021
• be designed by, with and/or for groups that are often disadvantaged in the economy, including but not limited to youth, women or people with disabilities
• be tailored and produced for specific groups, such as creative social entrepreneurs, artists and policy makers
• enable the DICE Digital Partners to enhance and improve their own digital confidence, capabilities and infrastructure
• create genuine connection and camaraderie between the participants.
Organisations that wish to apply must be based in a DICE country (Brazil, Egypt, Indonesia, Pakistan, South Africa and the UK) and must submit their application together with a partner organisation in another DICE country. (See ‘Info and support for applicants’ below for support in finding a partner).
They cannot accept applications from organisations applying without a partner organisation or from applicants that are not legally registered in a DICE country.
How to apply
Applications must be made via the British Council Grant Management Portal between 1 and 15 December 2020.
Applicants must first register on the portal to access the application form — see the Grant Management Portal Applicant Guide, available below, for step-by-step instructions on how to register.
Then, they must complete the application. Guidance on completing the application is provided in the DICE Digital R&D Fund – Step-by-step Applicants Guide, available below.
Finally, they must complete a separate budget. The budget must be detailed on the DICE R&D Fund Budget and Activity Timeline Template which is available below.
Deadline: The application must be received before 23:59 GMT on 15 December 2020.
- DICE Digital R&D Fund – Background and Guidance notes(Adobe PDF 2MB)
- Grant Management Portal Applicant Guide(Adobe PDF 929KB)
- DICE Digital R&D Fund – Step-by-step Applicants Guide(Adobe PDF 1MB)
- DICE Digital R&D Fund Budget & Timeline Template for Applicants(Microsoft Excel 73KB)
- Clarification questions and replies (3 Dec)(Adobe PDF 134KB)
For more information visit British Council DICE Digital R&D Fund.