Applications are open for The Creative Power Award. The Creative Power Award provides a pool of funding to kickstart projects, and a series of three mentoring sessions. It has been organised by a group of professionals who got their start as volunteers and hobbyists using culture for social change, creating publications, festivals, podcasts, zines and documentaries. They know how much of a difference it makes when you have just a little bit more funding – and when you know that somebody believes in your idea.
The Award grants up to 2000 USD.
They are after any creative cultural idea that is driving social change – it could be written, visual, film, audio, theatre, or something else entirely.
All applications need to meet three basic eligibility requirements:
• Emerging creators, not salaried professionals (side hustles, volunteers, freelancers welcome).
• Incomplete as of Jan 1st 2021, and completed by Dec 31st 2021.
• Funds get used and don’t break any laws in the US, Australia, or the country where the project is taking place.
• Social purpose – what is the change are you seeking to create in the world?
• Creativity – how are you using culture and media to communicate your idea?
• Game-changing – how would this funding make a difference to this project?
• Track record – what have you done before that demonstrates you can deliver?
• Distribution plan – how are you going to get the world to engage with your work?
How to Apply
Apply by filling the form in the link below
• Your basic idea
• How much funding you need
• How you meet each criteria
• Any supporting documents / links
Deadline: December 11, 2020 at 11:59pm ET (New York time).
For more information visit The Creative Power Award.