Applications are now open for YMGF Scholarship program. Yamaha Music Gulf FZE (YMGF) is one of the subsidiaries of Yamaha Corporation, in charge of GCC, Middle East, CIS, West Asia and Africa regions. As well as supplying musical instruments and audio products, they engage in proving a chance to learn music in the responsible areas and attempt to contribute to respective societies. Their Scholarship program aims to provide financial assistance to students who are pursuing full-time diploma / degree courses in music institutions.
– Online-based Piano Scholarship Program 2020-21.
– 9 students will receive one-time scholarship of 1,000 USD.
– Only Audition will be done by recorded videos performances of the applicants and 9 winners will be selected.
– Winners will be announced on 7th of January 2021.
– Scholars will be handed over on/between 12-14 of February 2021, by your regional Yamaha Distributors.
– Age: Applicants must be born between 1 January 1999 and 31 December 2004
– Countries: List of the countries
(Middle East – Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAE, Yemen and others; Africa – Algeria, Angola, Burkina Faso, Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe; CIS – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan)
– Applicants must be students of music university, conservatory, college or any other music institution.
– Applicants need to register their details below and send newly recorded videos of two pieces played on acoustic piano to Yamaha Distributor in his/her country within a period from 15th of September till 30th of November 2020
Announcement Of Winners:
– Winners will be announced on 7th of January 2021 and will be contacted by authorized Yamaha distributors, via the contact information shared during the registration.
How to apply
A) Contact your regional authorized Yamaha distributor and Register your details, only applicants who comply with all criteria mentioned in point 2 will be accepted. Click here to visit YMGF distributors’ locator page for contact information.
B) Record video of your performance of 2 piano pieces, each piece separately, and send it to our Distributor along with your application form. Should play on acoustic piano only.
i) In each video recording, you will have to mention your name, institution name and the piece playing. E.g. at the beginning of each Video, before playing, you mention “My name is ……….., student of …………. and I will play ” – (saying it in your mother tongue is Accepted).
ii) All recordings must be newly made and dates should match with application period.
iii) Audition Repertoire:
Piece#1: You should contact Yamaha distributor for the information.
Piece#2: Free choice piece. (Please note, that for the evaluation purpose we require a Music Sheet copy.) Duration of both pieces should not exceed 20 min
iv) Format of Video and Audio should be in widespread use and should be in good quality.
Application period: 15.SEP.2020 – 30.NOV.2020
Audition by recorded pieces: 01-31.DEC.2020
Announcement of Winners: 07.JAN.2021
Scholarship Awarding: 12-14.FEB.2021