Applications are now open for Shell LiveWire Programme. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the commencement of the 2018 SPDC JV LiveWIRE Programme specifically targeting youths from Niger Delta states.
The purpose of LiveWIRE is to improve opportunities for young people to realise their potential through the creation and development of their own businesses. Such businesses will contribute towards a more buoyant economy and communities with more fulfilled young people.
LiveWIRE Nigeria is a youth enterprise development programme supported by The Shell Petroleum Devlopment Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC).
What They aim to do in Nigeria
The objectives for the LiveWIRE Programme in Nigeria are to;
• Raise business awareness amongst final year university students to encourage them to see starting a business as a valid career option
• Assist youths to discover and develop business ‘ideas’ through Bright Ideas Workshops
• Make available to youths that want to go on to start a business, business planning and management guidelines and skills through the Become A Successful Owner Manager Course (BSOM)
• Run awards for best business plans, the price of which gives access to micro-credit facilities, through third parties like banks, NGOs and allied financial institutions
• Run an award for young people who have sustained a business for 2 to 3 years and continue the award on an annual basis
Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for those who have completed the training course and decide to pursue starting their own business. Mentors can be drawn from oil & gas, banking, social voluntary sectors, etc.
• Print and provide information on youth enterprise at LiveWIRE Resource Centre
Target Beneficiaries: Youths in the age range of 18 to 30 years.
The programme operates in the Niger Delta region and aims to inspire, encourage and support young people aged 18-35 to start up their own businesses in the Nigerian states of Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Abia, Imo, and Akwa-Ibom.
For young people there is access to attractive, targeted, high quality, relevant programmes and opportunities to meet other young people with similar ambitions and challenges.
For the joint venture partners especially Shell, there are Public Relations, media and brand opportunities aimed at demonstrating commitment to local economic development. In addition because LiveWIRE works in the area of youth development and small business (which in nearly every country around the world are major political and social concerns), it can provide platforms to involve government to interact with youths/future leaders. LiveWIRE can also provide good opportunities for Shell Employee Volunteering programmes.
• Are you aged 18 – 35 from the Niger Delta states?
• Do you have an innovative business idea?
• Do you desire to own and manage a business?
• Do you possess a University degree or HND in any discipline?
• Have you completed NYSC if applicable?
• Not in paid employment
Deadline: November 20, 2020.
For more information visit Shell Live wire Nigeria program