Business journalists from across Africa are invited to submit, within the next three months, entries for the 6th edition of the Pan African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards. Now in its sixth year, the Journalism Awards target business journalists from Anglophone and Francophone countries in Africa and aims to recognize and acknowledge the good work of media on the continent.
Sponsored by Continental Reinsurance, the Pan-African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards recognise the outstanding work of journalists on re/insurance from across the continent. Successful candidates have to demonstrate how their articles have raised awareness and understanding of the re/insurance sector in Africa.
Watch Continental Reinsurance Honour Top African Journalists in Virtual Awards Ceremony in 2020 below
The categories in the 2021 awards are:
• Best Re/Insurance Print Article [English]
• Best Re/Insurance Online Article [English]
• Best Re/Insurance Broadcast Article [English]
• Best Re/Insurance French Entry [Print, Broadcast or Online]
• Awards are open to all business journalists from anglophone and francophone countries.
• Submission can be either a published article (print or online)or a broadcasted radio/television clip in English or French.
• The review period is the 12 months leading up to the submission deadline date.
• Entrants have to be based in an African country. Only 1 article can be entered for each category.
• Explanatory Brief
A 100-words motivation note explaining the reason for creating the article/clip.
Include your name, media organisation, the publishing/broadcasting date, a brief profile and a photo.
Interested candidates should submit their entries between October 1st and December 31st, 2020 via the following link.
For more information visit 6th Pan African Re/Insurance Journalism Awards .