Applications are now open for APO Group African Women in Media Award 2020. APO Group the leading pan-African communications and business consultancy, presents the second annual APO Group African Women in Media Award set to recognise, celebrate and empower African women journalists who support female entrepreneurship in Africa.
The Award will be bestowed to the winner at the 6th Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum’s (AWIEF) Virtual Conference and Awards hosted on 2-3 December 2020, with the theme ‘Reimagining Business & Rebuilding Better.’
AWIEF’s prestigious annual event is a platform that sees global thought leaders, industry experts, policymakers, academics, development organisations and investors gather to dialogue, connect, network, share, collaborate and transact in a combined effort to boost Africa’s entrepreneurship ecosystem for women.
Entries for APO Group African Women in Media Award must offer valuable insights into African female entrepreneurs while appealing to a global audience.
The winner will be bestowed with USD 2,500 cash prize, and online courses from one of the most respected international universities
• The award is open to African woman journalists and bloggers, whether directly employed or freelancers, working in the continent of Africa who have produced a story that has been broadcast or published in English, French, Portuguese or Arabic in the form of a printed publication, a television feature, a radio story, a website or a blog whose primary audience is based in Africa.
• Stories must have been broadcast or published between 1st January and 31st October 2020.
They look forward to presenting this award with AWIEF in Johannesburg as they celebrate women in journalism and entrepreneurship
Stories are judged on content, writing, analysis, creativity, human interest and community impact.
All stories must be submitted in electronic format:
– Print: upload the scan(s) of the published article;
– Radio: upload the SoundCloud link;
– Website: upload the URL or
– TV: upload the YouTube link.
TV material must first be uploaded to YouTube (YouTube.com) and radio material to SoundCloud (SoundCloud.com). If one is not a member of these sites, one will need to sign up in order to upload the video or radio material. Once one has obtained the link, one must enter it in this online entry form when inputting one’s story details.
The deadline for entries is 31st October 2020. The finalists will be announced on 20th November 2020 while the winner will be announced on Thursday, 3 December 2020.
For more information visit APO Group African Women in Media Award 2020