The Trust for Sustainable Living is pleased to invite schoolchildren around the world to share their ideas to help protect the Earth’s precious biological diversity.
Following on from the success of the first online International Schools’ Debates and Summit, next year’s Debates will also take place online to help support the broadest possible participation of schoolchildren from around the world.
The competition is aimed at primary and secondary school students, supported by Teacher Champions, parents and schools. To participate, schools simply need to register a Teacher Champion to coordinate on their behalf.
• One overall Grand Prize trophy winner will receive a free international trip to a TSL Summit, including £500 spending money.
• The Top 10 essay medallists will receive eco-friendly e-medals with redeemable gift tokens included.
• All participating Teacher Champions, Essay Finalists & Honourable Mentions, and International Debate participants, will receive personalised e-certificates.
• Students are free to approach the topic however they wish.
• Whatever they decide, children are strongly encouraged to include their own personal views, perspectives and experiences to help bring their visions alive.
• Each student is invited to submit one essay in English, entitled,
How can we protect biological diversity and stop the 6th mass extinction?
• The essay length varies by age as follows:
Primary students (ages 7-11): 400 words
Secondary students (ages 11-17): 600 words.
How to enter
Teacher Champions represent their school and submit all the children’s essays. Children can participate in one of two categories – Primary Schools (ages 7-11) or Secondary Schools (ages 11-17).
• 8 September 2020 Registration opens for Teacher Champions/Schools to participate in TSL 2021 Essay Competition
• 23 December 2020 Final deadline for essay entries
• 15 February 2021 Announcement of international essay competition Finalists & Honourable Mentions
• 8 March 2021 Grand Prize Trophy Winner & Top Ten Medallists notified (confidentially)
• 15 February – 15 June 2021 Country Debates
• 5 July 2021 Teacher Champions Exchange (online)
• 6 July 2021 International Schools Debate & Awards (online)
• 7-10 July 2021 Partner Power Summit (online)
For more information visit Trust for Sustainable Living International Essay Competition 2021.