Startup-X excited to announce the launch of their inaugural waste-tech startup competition WASTE 20/20 in partnership with Enterprise Singapore and The Incubation Network, alongside the largest waste management corporations in Singapore! The first of its kind – they will be on the lookout for innovative solutions addressing challenges faced in the food and plastic waste streams.
About the Programme
How can we increase resource efficiency in terms of time, number of trips, and manpower required to transport food and plastic waste to recycling facilities?
How can we break down mixed food and plastic waste into valuable byproducts? What tools can be explored to convert mixed food and plastic waste into alternative materials or products?
How can we enable better segregation and disposal of food and plastic waste to reduce contamination? Are there ways to break down food and plastic waste prior to treatment?
They are serious about waste, and serious about helping nations around the world solve their specific waste challenges, starting from Singapore. Join Startup-x to gain access to a global waste network, exclusive opportunity to pitch to waste management corporations to explore collaborations in Singapore and beyond, and funding support to take your product to the next level!
• Exclusive access to key stakeholders: Gain the exclusive opportunity to pitch to representatives from key government agencies and the largest waste management companies in Singapore!
• Up to S$50k in prizes: Top 3 teams will stand the chance to win up to S$50k in prizes, to provide further support for their developments!
• Profile yourself on a global stage: The top team will be accelerated to the finals of global startup competition – SLINGSHOT,and have a digital booth at the Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology (SWITCH) in December 2020!
They are inviting high potential waste-tech startups from across the globe who are ready to scale up and go global to join us and address challenges in Singapore’s waste ecosystem.
• Have a ready minimum viable product
This should be a functional prototype that demonstrates the solution and potential of the solution to address identified challenges in the food and plastic waste streams.
• Have strong interest to set up base in Singapore
The startup should be prepared to incorporate an entity in Singapore, should it be awarded prize monies as one of the top 3 teams.
• Have obtained initial commercial traction
This can be in the form of revenue generated, partnerships, investments, and/or contracts obtained.
Deadline: November 1, 2020.
For more information visit Startup-X Waste 20/20.