Do you have an idea that is worth spreading? Applications are now open for Ted fellowship program.
Every year the TED Fellows program selects a new group of extraordinary, multidisciplinary individuals by open application. They look for innovators on the rise in their respective fields who are doing bold, original work.
In the midst of this global pandemic, the TED Fellows program is more committed than ever to finding and amplifying individuals making a vital impact in their communities and doing the work of future-making. Read on to learn how to apply, and how the TED Fellows program is meeting this moment.
Since launching the TED Fellows program, they’ve gotten to know and support some of the brightest, most ambitious thinkers, change-makers and culture-shakers from nearly every discipline and corner of the world.
Whether it’s discovering new galaxies, leading social movements or making waves in environmental conservation, with the support of TED, Fellows are dedicated to making the world a better place through their innovative work. And you could be one of them.
• You become part of a diverse, collaborative and global community of more than 500 emerging and established experts.
• You receive professional development through virtual workshops and webinars.
• You gain valuable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to hone, express and communicate your work and your ideas.
• You will give a TED Talk (at a virtual or live event, depending on the state of the global pandemic).
• You’ll receive career coaching and mentorship from our team of professional coaches.
• You’ll get public relations guidance and media training.
• You’ll participate in virtual programming for TED Fellows.
• You will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to a thriving and connected global community.
• You will get a possible invitation to attend the special TEDMonterey conference in Monterey, California.(Note: while they are currently planning on an in-person conference in Monterey [May 29–June 4, 2021], given the global pandemic this conference may be cancelled and the TED Fellowship may become entirely virtual. This will depend on expert advice and local health safety protocols.)
They are looking for different applicants than many other leadership-oriented programs. Instead of business people, policy wonks and government officials, the TED Fellows program focuses on doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, NGO heads, and human rights activists.
In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are also important traits they look for in TED Fellows. More than anything, this focus on character has defined the success of the TED Fellows program.
• An idea worth spreading!
• A completed online application consisting of general biographical information, short paragraphs on your work and three references. (It’s fun, and it’ll make you think…)
• You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
• You must be fluent in English.
• You must be excited to participate in a collaborative, interdisciplinary global community.
• You must be available May 29–June 4, 2021.
TED Fellows are selected by the program staff, with extensive reference checking and consultation with experts across all fields.
There is no algorithm for how they select their TED Fellows. They select Fellows based on their accomplishments in their respective fields, the potential impact of their work and also their character. The ideal applicant is multidisciplinary and collaborative in their pursuits and is at a moment in their career to maximize the support of the TED community.
They are currently accepting applications for their next class of TED Fellows. Apply now through August 24, 2020 at 11:59pm UTC.
Note: The deadline is in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). Be sure to convert this deadline to your local time.
FOR more information visit TED Fellowship Program