Nominations are now open for Equal in Tech Awards 2020.
The EQUALS Global Partnership for Gender Equality in the Digital Age is a committed group of corporate leaders, governments, businesses, not-for-profit organizations, academic institutions, NGOs and community groups around the world dedicated to promoting gender balance in the technology sector by championing equality of access, skills development and career opportunities for women and men alike.
They work by promoting awareness, building political commitment, leveraging resources and knowledge, harnessing the capacities of partners, and supporting real action – EQUALS seeks to achieve digital gender equality and through this, to improve the livelihoods of millions around the world.
The Equals in Tech Awards are given every year to organizations and individuals working to help girls and women gain equal internet access, digital skills and opportunities in the tech industry.
Individuals and organizations can nominate their own initiatives or those of others for an award in the following categories:
Access: Initiatives related to improving women’s and girls’ digital technology access, connectivity and security
Skills: Initiatives that support the development of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills of women and girls
Leadership (in two subcategories):
• Initiatives focused on promoting women in decision-making roles within the ICT field
• Initiatives promoting women’s leadership in technology SMEs
Research: Initiatives prioritizing research on gender digital divides and producing reliable evidence to tackle diversity issues within STEM and computing fields.
Winners become part of a growing community of like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, activists, teachers, and leaders. And they join an Advisory Panel that chooses future award winners.
• Open to all individuals and organizations, regardless of their languages and nationalities, who wish to submit projects aimed at advancing gender equality using ICTs.
Eligible initiatives and projects should:
• Reach girls and women in an impactful way;
• Have the potential to scale or be replicated once reconfigured/adapted to other contexts;
• Be innovative;
• Work in collaboration with partners.
Visit Official Website HERE for application and further information
Deadline: August 1.