Become the science engagement breakthrough of the year 2020. Apply for Falling Walls Engage 2020.
Falling Walls Engage 2020 will be hosted as a digital event by the Falling Walls Foundation in cooperation with the Robert Bosch Stiftung. It forms part of the Falling Walls 2020 Remote: a digital format that replaces our physical event in Berlin this year due to Covid-19 restrictions.
As much as the Covid-19 crisis restricts personal gatherings in 2020, it opens up new opportunities for Falling Walls to overcome the limitations of a traditional conference through innovative, open and engaging digital formats. In 2020 they want to showcase, discuss, value and celebrate a wide variety of breakthroughs involving a wider audience during a longer period of time. All strands will converge on 9 November in a top-class award ceremony and expert panel discussions.
Who Can Apply
Science engagement and outreach projects that break the wall between science and society.
• All forms of science engagement with a creative and individual method to engage the respective target group
• Exemplary initiatives from all over the world with a transferrable and/or scalable approach
• Initiatives with measurable outcome of its activities on its target group in its region
• You must be 18 years or older when submitting your application.
• Your project must already be running. You cannot participate if you are still in the idea phase. You can still enter if you had started your project but it is currently inactive due to the COVID-19 crisis.
• Fill in the online application form.
• Get a confirmation of receipt by email.
• Receive an answer by August 2020 if you are one of the finalists that will be showcased via our various online platforms.
Before applying, please note
• Applications must be submitted in English.
• The application deadline is 30 June 2020.
• If you are chosen as a Falling Walls Engage finalist, your project can only be presented by one person.
• This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Past participants are no longer eligible to apply. However, there is an exception if a finalist wants to present a totally new project. This will be decided on an individual basis. If you already applied for Falling Walls Engage but were not chosen as a finalist, you can apply again.
Deadline: June 30.
For more information visit Falling walls Engage 2020