The call for applications for the 2021 edition of the cartier women’s initiative grant for Entrepreneurs is now open. The Cartier Women’s Initiative is an annual international entrepreneurship program that aims to drive change by empowering women impact entrepreneurs.
Founded in 2006, the program is open to women-run and women-owned businesses from any country and sector that aim to have a strong and sustainable social and/or environmental impact. Their vision is a world in which every woman impact entrepreneur driving change can achieve her full potential. Their mission is to shine a light on these women and provide them with the necessary financial, social and human capital support to grow their business and build their leadership skills.
Financial Capital Support
The 21 fellows, representing the top three businesses from each of the seven regions, will receive:
• US$ 100,000 grant for each of the 7 laureates (top business from each region)
• US$ 30,000 grant for each of the 14 finalists (2nd and 3rd runner-up businesses from each region)
Grant Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The Cartier Women’s Initiative is looking for women-run and women-owned impact-driven businesses. Entrepreneurs across all sectors and from around the world are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for the Regional Awards, the applicant’s business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• For-profit: the business should be designed to bring sufficient revenues to support its operation and return some level of profits to its owner. Non-profit enterprises are not eligible.
• Early-Stage: the business should have a proven business model and be in the initial phase of its development and growth (between 1 and 5 years of licensed/registered operations).
• Fundraising: The business should not have raised more than US$2 million in diluting funding. The awards cap the funds raised in order to ensure that the businesses selected fall within a similar range of development.
• Impact: The business should meet at least one of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
• Leadership: A woman must fill the main leadership position, for example as CEO, General Manager or Director of the company.
• Ownership: The founder must be a woman and she must be the largest shareholder of founder equity in the company or own a share at least equal to that of her cofounder(s).
• Legal entry age: The lead entrant must be 18 on the day of the application deadline.
• English Proficiency: A good command of the English language is required (both verbal and written).
• Time commitment: The applicant must commit to dedicating up to 4 hours/week virtually for the duration of the programme.
Applicants are to complete the online application form and provide the supporting documentation listed below.
• Applicant’s resume
• Business registration document.
• Applicant’s pitch deck
• A one-minute video of yourself answering the questions: what is your motivation behind solving the problem that you have identified?; What is the impact you wish to create through your solution?; What do you wish to gain/contribute to the Cartier Women’s Initiative community?
• Applicants may attach image of product, brochure, press, article, research, etc.
All the documents are to be submitted online in the ‘Attachments’ section and cannot be sent separately by email.
Application Deadline: July 31.