Applications are now open for Kyoto Art center’s Art In Residence Program 2021.
Kyoto Art Center’s Artist-in-Residence Program offers support to emerging artists and art researchers who wish to pursue creative activities in Kyoto. They switch between hosting visual artist and performing artist every year. In 2021, the program is open for visual artists / researchers.
Residency Period: Maximum 3 months during the period of April 1st [Thu], 2021 to March 31st [Thu], 2022.
• Accommodation during the residency period.
• A studio for production and research at Kyoto Art Center.
• Round-trip air ticket from residential area to Kansai International Airport or Osaka International Airport.
• Production and research cost: JPY100,000 (including tax) for an individual or a group (not each member).
• Assistance by art coordinators.
• Emerging artists and art researchers based on visual arts who have clear motivation to work and research in Kyoto.
*Applications by writers and cross-media artists are welcome to apply every year.
• Applicants must:
– organize a public program for Kyoto citizens during the residency.
– communicate in English or Japanese.
A screening committee consisting of arts professionals carefully reviews and evaluates applications. The result will be informed to all applicants by the end of October 2020.
Any enquiries for selection will not be answered.
• Artist fees and living expenses are not offered.
• Participants have to arrange their own delivery of materials required for production of works, rehearsals and researches.
• Participants must submit a report at the end of the program.
• Please inform beforehand if you bring your assistants or family. Any supports indicated in this guideline are only applied to the participants of the program.
• Participants are responsible for any unexpected accidents or sickness. Subscribing
For applying to this program, please send us a filled out application form in English or Japanese by E-mail, with the subject line “Application for AIR2021”.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Deadline: June 30.
For more information visit Kyoto Art Center