The future of stationery” design competition is an open one stage design competition recently opened for entries that invites designers, architects, artists and creative people from around the globe to submit their ideas.
Design a concept, an object or a product that is in line with the theme: The future of stationery.
This refers to any product that fits the category «stationery», like writing equipment, notebooks, desk accessories or anything that you may feel belongs to a desk and can be suitable for home or office use or both. Products can be aimed at the general public, professionals or hobbyists alike.
The entry is FREE, there’s no fee. Submission is via the internet.
Prof. Architect Attilio Terragni – Milano, Italy.
Prof. Architect Alexander Kalachev – UNStudio associate – Amsterdam, Netherlands
Architect Filippo Carmignani Tirelli – CEO Venvstas Italy.
Prof. Architect Lucio Rossi – Founder of Venvstas, designer.
• Originality of the concept.
• Functionality. (not a decorative object)
• Environmental impact. Materials.
• First price: A Venvstas set consisting of a Magna Gold edition fountain pen with pen case, a pen stand and a Designer 8, 2mm linear carbonated fiber mechanical pencil. Signed diploma.
• Second prize: A Venvstas set consisting of a Magna Titanium edition fountain pen with pen case, a pen stand and a Designer 8, 2mm linear carbon fiber mechanical pencil. Signed diploma.
• Third prize: A Venvstas set consisting of a Carbon T fountain pen with pen case, a pen stand and a Designer 8, 2mm linear carbon fiber mechanical pencil. Signed diploma.
• Instagram prize : A Venvstas set consisting of a Carbon T fountain pen, pen case and pen stand, signed diploma.
“Thee future of stationery” design competition is an open one stage design competition. Designers, architects, artists and creative people from around the globe are all welcome to submit their ideas. There are no fees, its free to participate. You only have to be 18 years old or more at the moment of the publication of these rules.
The competition will be conducted via the internet and the official language is English. Submission is electronic.
Entrants will remain anonymous and no members of the jury or organizers of the competition or staff related to either Venvstas Italy or U75-Lucio Rossi Design or Sylbyca srls can take part in the competition.
Participants should take their own measures for protecting their ideas. Venvstas Italy/Sylbyca srls won’t be responsible for any problem related to copyright infringement by any of the participants. Venvstas Italy/Sylbyca srls won’t utilize or produce any submitted design (awarded or not) in any form without any clear written contract and/or permission from the creator/s. Entrants must agree that their designs or ideas if selected may be displayed on the website of the brand and related social media (Instagram).
Venvstas Italy as a trademark of Sylbyca srls of Italy, is not obliged to produce any of the winning entries or any other entry. Contracts if applied will be negotiated between the parties, participants retain all their rights for their ideas and should take measures in order to protect them.
• Onee A3 sized panel in jpg format describing the idea, maximum resolution of 200dpi, 3 MB.
• Presentation techniques are free: computer or hand renderings, perspectives, drawings or photographs of models are all welcome.
• Images must be clear for the jury to have a good representation and understanding of the concept or product.
• Scale is free for the participants to choose, but it´s mandatory to include a graphic one in millimeters to show the basic dimensions of the proposal.
• The panel must include a maximum of 200 words explanatory text in Arial font size 11. Formatting is free. Additional text can be added as titles or references when needed, such as dimensions, materials or as complement of any graphic.
• Submission of entries is electronic via the competition email.
• The submission period goes between the 10th of June 2020 until July 10, 12.00am (UTC+01:00) Rome time.
Passed this period submissions are closed. No previous registration is needed in order to submit.
• Participants can submit more than one idea, but not a variation of one.
• Participants are required to only upload one file per entry.
A special prize from the public will be given. All entries will be published in our Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/venvstas/) under the hashtag #venvstascompetition2020; the entry with the biggest amount of likes will be awarded the Instagram prize.
How to submit:
Submission is via the competition email.
• Participants are required to send via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the file as an attachment. The file should be max 3MB in size JPG format. The size of the panel must be A3 ( 3307×2339 pixels) 200dpi.
• Other formats won’t be accepted. On the subject of the email the name of the file should be written.
A name of the file has to be a combination of 3 capital letters and 3 numbers in any given order. Example: 7Z9D6P or 764XFR.
• In the email the following data has to be provided:
Complete name (in case of a group – all members and the appointed contact person)
A telephone contact number with country code.
• After the uploading of the file the entry will be confirmed. Confirmation may take time in relation to the number of submissions.
• Files will be renamed after submission and members of the jury will only see the panels, so the instagramers during Instagram voting.
The following submissions will be disqualified:
• Projects that fail to present a proposal for a stationery product or accessory;
• Subsequent entries from a single participant that may look like or are a variation of a previously submitted project;
• Entries that contain references to websites, links, or may give any hint of the author(s) or any other information that is not the strictly needed for the understanding of the project
For more information visit The future of stationery 2020: Venvstas Italy design competition.