Application are now open for Muwado #Stories4Health Writing Competition. Muwado, with the support of the good people at Amari are here with news that will hopefully help you channel your creativity to help spread creatively packaged stories about the pandemic and the health sector in general.
With the #Stories4Health Writing Competition, they are looking for personal experiences and human interest stories around new diseases, epidemics and trauma with special focus on personal experiences, human interest stories Covid-19 as the areas of interest.
• Winning entry – Ugx 500,000
• 1st Runner Up – Ugx 300,000
• 2nd Runner Up – Ugx 200,000
• Others – Assorted Deals, Discounts & Packages from sponsors. We are still talking to other potential sponsors for the competition so keep on checking on this call for updates. If you’d like to be a sponsor, our contact details are on the artwork.
The competition is open to African writers from all over the world. Verification will be done at the point of selecting winners. Questions of eligibility shall be resolved by the Muwado and Amani administration and their decision is final.
Any form of internationally recognised writing in any language on the areas of interest is acceptable e.g
• creatively written case reports or case series
• nonfiction from front line workers and those that have been directly affected by the virus and measures taken to contain it
• fiction that creatively disseminats correct health information
• epidemic history and lessons that can be applied to the Covid-19 situation
• Accurately researched opinion pieces
• etc. We don’t want to limit your creativity so feel free to think beyond these guidelines but within the areas of interest.
To participate, these are the simple steps you will have to follow:
• Step 2: Go to the Submit page and upload your submission. The submission window runs from 4th May – 30th June 2020 (at midnight GMT). In order for it to be recognised as an entry, MAKE SURE you include #Stories4Health in the submission title and tags section, like we have done on this post, so we know it’s an entry to the competition. If this is not done, your post will NOT be considered.
• Step 3: Share your submission widely and engage with your readers in the comments.
• Step 4: Winners will be selected based on:
• the creativity of the submission,
• post reach (views and shares) and engagement (upvote/downvotes and comments),
• the accuracy of health information within (consultancy between health professionals and creative writers is encouraged for the best results),
• input from sponsoring partners.
• Winners will be announced by 10th July 2020 and their winnings handed over to them.
NOTE: For those that are don’t fall in the demographic specified but still want to participate, or those not interested in the competitive side of the campaign, go right ahead and submit your entry. At the end of the day, the main goal is to disseminate helpful health information creatively.
Deadline: June 30.
For more information visit Muwado #Stories4Health Writing Competition 2020