Entries are now open for Sharjah Prize for Criticism of Arabic Poetry.
Under the guidance and care of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, the Sharjah Prize for Arab Poetry Criticism was launched to sponsor and support Arab critics and those interested in studies directed towards the Arab poetic experience.
The Prize Field: The Prize is
concerned with the field of literary criticism directed at Arab poetry and opening up research prospects for Arab critics to serve the Arab creativity arena.
• 100,000 dirhams for the first winner.
• 75,000 AED for the second winner.
• 50,000 AED for the third winner.
Participation in the award is open to Arab critics according to the following conditions:
• The research submitted is a manuscript prepared for publication and has not been previously published or printed on paper or electronically, or won a similar award, and at the same time is not submitted for another award or competition, and it must be an original work dedicated to the award.
• The researcher may not participate in more than one research.
• That the research adheres to scientific standards and that it meets its requirements, while clarifying the margins, sources and references in the research.
• The number of search words submitted for the award should be between (20,000) and (25,000) words, lined up on pages (A4), and each page should contain approximately 250 words.
• The Chamber is not obligated to repeat texts, whether it wins or not.
• In the event that the conditions and controls of the award are violated, the prize will be withdrawn.
• The winners are announced and prizes distributed during the Sharjah Festival of Arabic Poetry.
• The Department of Culture in Sharjah is responsible for printing the winning works and reserves the rights for the first edition of these works.
• Any work inconsistent with the conditions or incomplete attachments shall be enslaved.
• The prize winner is not entitled to apply for participation again after three years have passed.
– Scientific and literary CV (in Arabic) indicating the postal address, phone numbers and e-mail.
Fill out the declaration form stating that the research is not published or won in any other award, and that the publication of the research will be in accordance with the criteria of the Sharjah Culture Department.
Fill out the prize participation form.
A copy of the passport and two personal photos.
– A CD containing the research stored in the word system, in addition to three original copies printed on papers (A4), taking into consideration not to write the participant’s name or refer to it on the printed and sender work.
Additional notes Arbitration:
• After ensuring that the research meets the conditions stipulated in this announcement, the award secretariat entrusted to a committee of specialists to conduct a preliminary screening of the researches participating in the award to choose the research worthy of competition.
• Post-screening participations are referred to three arbitrators, provided that they are critics and academics attested to scientific competence and integrity, to select the winning researches in the first three places, according to agreed monetary criteria, that they submit an agreed final final report including the rationale for selection.
Deadline: October 31.
For more information visit Sharjah Prize For Criticism of Arabic Poetry