Applications are invited for La Briqueteria Screendance Residency. Since 2018 La Briqueterie – National Choreographic Development Center has proposed an annual screen-dance production residency in collaboration with the International Video Dance Festival of Burgundy, the Cinema Utopia of Avignon and national choreographic centers. An artist or a team of artists receives a
two-week residency to create a short work of screendance (15 minutes maximum).
A grant of 8,000 euros accompanies the residency and can be used to cover project needs (artist stipends, travel costs, housing costs, equipment rentals and purchases, etc.). La Briqueterie hosted the first residency and in 2020, the residency site was Le Phare – National Choreographic Center of Le Havre in Normandy.
In 2021, the POLE SUD – National Choreographic Development Center of Strasbourg will host the residency.
This year, they will pursue the residency and production grant at POLE-SUD – the National Choreographic Development Center of Strasbourg, during a fixed period: January 4-15, 2021 (dates are susceptible to change according to the evolution of the international health crisis, in which case new dates will be determined by
the POLE-SUD and the artist(s)).
The residency offers a production grant of 8,000 euros to be spent on any aspect of the project budget (artist fees, travel expenses, equipment rental or purchase, etc.)
Applications are open internationally.
• 2 weeks residency at POLE-SUD in Strasbourg January 4-15, 2021. (you are not required to film in a dance studio, but a dance studio is available to you should you wish to use it for research, movement preparation, etc.) These dates below are subject to change according to the global health crisis, in which case new dates will be selected according to the availability of the POLE-SUD and the selected artist(s).
• Integrate an element of the city within the film (exterior or interior). The film does not need to be about the city of Strasbourg but should integrate an element of the place in some way in the film.
• A grant of 8,000 euros will be awarded for the creation of a short film
• No additional travel funds are available, travel and housing must be covered in the 8,000 euros grant provided.
How To Apply
Project proposals should be sent before July 28, 2020 to Marisa Hayes (co-director of Festival International de Vidéo Danse de Bourgogne & Head of Screendance Projects at La Briqueterie) and include:
• Letter of motivation
• C.V.s of the main artistic collaborators
• Links to previous screendance and artistic projects
• The questionnaire found below, completed in full (without this, your application will not be accepted)
• Short description of the project and preliminary budget. Please do not send additional materials.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• July 28, 2020: Deadline to submit application
Selection of shortlisted projects
• September 23, 2020: Jury meets for project selection
• End of September: Notification sent out to all applicants
• 2021: Screenings of film
The jury consist of partners from dance and film institutions.
For more information visit La Briqueterie: Screendance Residency 2020-2021.