Take your Agribusiness to the Next Level or become the next Agrominds Agripreneur, Apply for the 2020 Agrominds Challenge today.
At Agrominds Africa, they attract Africa’s finest entrepreneurial talent and most promising agribusinesses to drive the continents agricultural transformation agenda providing the following:
• a unique opportunity to attract agro-smart solutions with the potential to shape the future of African agriculture.
• a platform for agribusinesses to pitch business models tackling the vulnerabilities along the agriculture value chain.
• an agribusinesses with scalable agro solutions with support and scale to grow their businesses into African agricultural success stories.
• Receive technical guidance and coaching in order to achieve investment readiness
• Secure equity financing to launch, grow or expand their agribusinesses
• Provide market visibility of their business models to attract more investment capital
• Provide market visibility of their agribusiness models to enhance or generate market traction for their products or innovation
• Provide access to a large and competitive pool of agro-smart investment ready agribusinesses and agro-startups with strong potential to grow and scale
• Fostering access, exposure and strategic interactions with a growing, thriving and diverse network of investors and agribusiness stakeholders and practitioners
• Improve the business/personal brand of the investor through the competition’s social media platforms and channels
To Agricultural Ecosystem
• To raise the interests and participation of our youth in Agriculture across the continent
• Unlocking resources and young agropreneurial talent for Africa’s emerging agro-startup ecosystems to begin to build innovative and professional agro companies and commercial ventures across the value chain
• Driving local value addition through investments that foster value chain enhancement
To the Larger Economy
The challenge intends to support agribusinesses with potential to:
• Transform Africa into a dominant agribusiness center on the global stage leveraging strongly on its established agribusiness potential
•Accelerate structural transformation process and drive economic development
• Your Agribusiness lifecycle should be at the Idea, Early or Growth/Expansion Phase.
• The proposed Agribusiness or idea must operate in Africa and Applicants must be legal residents of any one of the 54 African countries.
• Your Agribusiness should be operating within the following thematic agribusiness areas.
• Participation will be limited to citizens of African states with due consideration given to geographically-even representation.
• Only proposals designed for agriculture on the African continent will be eligible for consideration.
• The first edition of the competition will be designed for Idea, Early and Growth Stage agribusinesses with an:
a. Ability to improve food security, create employment and boost local incomes
b. Ability to demonstrate potential for post revenue business model
c. Ability to demonstrate for market traction
Deadline: Extended due to COVID-19 ( New Deadline to be Confirmed)
For more information visit Agrominds Africa Challenge 2020