Applications are now open for CEI Fellowship in Residence. The CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence is an award aimed at encouraging cross-border cooperation and promotion in the field of literature for young writers (under 35) from CEI Member States.
The Fellowship is endowed with a cash award of EUR 1,500 for a one-month stay in any of the CEI Member States, selected by the candidate, to work on the literary project proposed in the application.
The winner will be a guest of the 35th Vilenica International Literary Festival which will take place on 8-13 September 2020 in various locations in Slovenia.
Applicants eligible for the award are writers from all genres under 35 (born after 1985 – from 1 January 1986 onwards) from the CEI Member States (Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine).
The application must include the following obligatory enclosures:
1. A filled in registration form (find attached).
2. A biography of the applicant in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces).
3. Copy of a valid ID or passport with the visible date and place of birth, and the citizenship of the applicant.
4. A bibliography of the applicant in English (max. 3600 characters without spaces).
5. A description in English of the project to be undertaken during the one-month residence
(2000 – 4500 characters without spaces). The project must be a literary work (all genres and themes), not a research project.
6. Scan of original signed letter of recommendation in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces, letters without the original signature will not be considered).
Incomplete entries will not be considered.
1. The application form will be distributed through all major writers’ organizations in the candidate states, on the web-page of the CEI, the SWA and the Vilenica festival,
namely: www.cei.int, www.drustvopisateljev.si and www.vilenica.si.
2. The international committee will consider entries sent on or before 30 April 2020.
3. Entries will be evaluated according to the following criterion: 30% (3 points) for the bibliography, 50% (5 points) for the project description and 20% (2 points) for the letter of recommendation.
4. All the candidates will be notified of the decision of the committee by 15 July 2020.
5. The award winner will be officially announced at the press conference at the end of August, and the award will be presented to him or her at the festival.
6. 60 days after completion of the residency, the candidate must submit a written report in English (7200 – 9000 characters without spaces) by regular or e-mail to the Slovene Writers’ Association.
Applications are to be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 30.