ART & WELL-BEING Calls for proposals for Art projects exploring the relation between art, health and well-being.
The Art & Well-being (AWE) project explores the potential of arts to enhance individual and community well-being. The project connects four organizations – Cluj Cultural Centre (Romania), Bozar, Centre for Fine Arts, Brussels (Belgium), UGM | Maribor Art Gallery (Slovenia) and Bruno Kessler Foundation (Italy) – and it is co-funded by the European Commission, through the Creative Europe programme.
The aim of the project is to explore and raise awareness about the effects of arts on physical, emotional and mental health, but also to support innovative approaches and to develop new processes, activities and networks between cultural organizations and different stakeholders from health, science and urban development in order to enhance individual and community well-being.
Considering the well-recognized role of the arts in improving health and well-being, the aim of the project is to explore and raise awareness about the effects of arts on physical, emotional and mental health, but also to support innovative approaches and to develop new processes, activities and networks between cultural organizations and different stakeholders from health, science and urban development in order to enhance individual and community well-being.We look for artistic projectsperformance art, installations, public space interventions a.o. – proposed by artists or collectives interested in exploring aspects of health and well-being as part of their artistic practice. Within this call, artists may propose:
(1) Development and production of artworks to be exhibited and presented within the AWE project (exhibitions will take place in Brussels, Cluj and Maribor during fall 2020 and spring 2021).
(2) Projects to be developed during a 1-2 week long artistic residencies, to be hosted by one of the three AWE artistic partners in Brussels, Cluj and Maribor.
Periods for artistic residencies:
• Brussels: Autumn 2020 – Spring 2021
• Cluj: June – November 2020
• Maribor: July – August 2020
Financial support offered to the selected projects include:
• artist fees of up to 1000 Euro (depending on the type of project, number of artists involved, duration of project)
• production budgets of up to 2000 Euro (depending on project complexity and duration), and travel and accommodation costs (for artists in residence only).
• Participation is open to anyone, without restrictions of residence, artistic training / experience, sex, age, ethnicity, etc.
• Participation can be either individual or in a group / team consisting of more than 1 member.
• Citizens of the European Union, but not exclusively.
• The applicants will submit their proposals exclusively on the online Platform.
• The application will be considered valid only if the following steps have been completed:
>> Filling out the application form available within the Platform, during the application period announced on the site or in this Regulation;
>> Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions of the Platform, the Policy for the Processing of Personal Data, the Policy regarding the use of the Cookie modules, as well as the Program Regulation by ticking the checkboxes within the Platform, after reading them in full.
• After the application has been received by the Organizer, a validation e-mail will be automatically sent to all applicants that have submitted a valid application.
Read the call guidelines here.
Deadline: April 8.
for more information visit Art & Well-being